my professional experience
I’ve been working as a social media and digital marketing specialist for over 5 years.
For the majority of that time, I’ve been an in-house social media manager for several different departments of the Scottish Government, including their award-winning international marketing initiative Scotland Is Now.
Some of my key achievements include:
- Growing Scotland Is Now‘s Instagram audience by 117% with posts seen 2.6 million times in a 6 month period
- Being shortlisted twice in the Public Sector Communications Awards for my video and social media work for Registers of Scotland, which marked 400 years of the world’s oldest national land register
- Developing Brand Scotland’s first advocacy strategy, pilot programme of engagement with Scottish Government scholars, and bringing on board select group of high-profile influencers
In my free time I manage this slow travel and outdoors blog, which has over 12,000 followers across social media. Previous blogging clients include VisitScotland, Historic Scotland, National Trust for Scotland, Barbour, Scots Magazine, Go Ape, Passion Passport, ScotRail and This Is Edinburgh.
what I can help with
I can support you or your organisation with:
- Growing your following
- Developing an online brand
- Graphic design for your social media accounts
- Working with you on a content strategy and calendar
- Partnering with influencers
- Customer service and crisis communication
- Copywriting and blog posts
- Basic video editing
get in touch with me
If you’d like to find out more about working with me and what I charge, please fill in the form below. If your query is of relevance I’ll aim to get back to you within 3 working days.